Business Development Manager - Remote UK
Salary - £40K - £60K
Main Purpose of the Job:
Forming part of the Sales team and reporting to the Sales Director, the main purpose of this role will be to identify, develop and manage new business opportunities within the corporate marketplace. The BDM will cover prospective business across the UK. The BDM will be responsible for growing and account managing a portfolio of customers for the lifetime of the relationship. The role requires the individual to display proven relationship building and sales skills within the B2B marketplace.
- Identify new prospects with a requirement for business data solutions.
- Ability to use Linkedin combined with outbound calling to identify the decision makers responsible for data related products and services.
- Generate appointments with the relevant decision makers using outbound calling or by alternative communication methods.
- Ability to write proposals in line with the solutions discussed with prospective customers.
- Proactive in follow up and closing the sale.
- Undertake regular customer meetings to obtain a current and future needs analysis with each customer to ensure the current suite of products and services meet or exceed client goals and expectations. Gaining a profile of Company structure, goals, routes to market and previous experiences.
- Develop and implement account plans to ensure there is a clear path to retention and revenue growth with each customer.
- Document, track and manage regular sales forecast and pipeline information, clearly highlighting risks and opportunities versus target achievement.
- Ensure the CRM system is regularly updated and used as a critical part of managing the account portfolio.
- To complete any administration duties in a timely manner such as submitting paperwork for invoicing and account plans.
- Communicate with Account Support ensuring all jobs are briefed in correctly and delivered as per the brief specification.
- Minimum 12 meetings (combination of new business and customer meetings) per month
- Achievement of revenue target
- Customer retention/growth rates
- Number of new sales opportunities added to pipeline each month
- Sales conversion of calls into appointments/ appointment into new sale
- Growth revenue and Lost revenue
- CRM completion
Qualifications and Experience:
- An experienced and accomplished Sales Professional, with proven new business and account management experience.
- To be considered, you must have a proven track record in end-to-end business to business sales, including self-generated appointments. You must demonstrate a proven track record in successfully and consistently achieving sales targets. This role is field based therefore you will be required to work autonomously and as part of a team where necessary.
- In addition, you must be capable in the usage of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- You must also have great customer relationship building skills and consistent communication abilities.